From Dan Robinson
: Currently, I own, operate and fund the the icyroadsafety.com site and all of its peripheral operations alone. All time and expenses for site maintenance, social media feeds, field coverage trips, and advertising are personally funded out-of-pocket. Currently, this effort has no sponsors. Disclosure: I receive ad revenue from my personal Youtube channel as well as occasional media sales for video footage captured during trips, but this income is inconsistent and most cases does not cover the annual costs of operation.
I would like to discuss a sponsorship with interested parties in order to fund a greatly expanded operation. This could include season-long on-location coverage of icy road events, greater advertising on traditional and internet media, research and development projects, an exhibition booth for use at shows and other events, and more. Please contact me here.
The mission of icyroadsafety.com is to reduce the number of accidents caused by road icing, both in the USA and around the world. To this end are the following goals:
- Increase public awareness and education of the road icing hazard
- Facilitate changes in the way the road ice hazard is handled by the National Weather Service, the media, emergency responders and transportation departments.
To work toward these goals, icyroadsafety.com will strive to continue the following efforts:
- Coverage of road icing events in the field
- Participating in discussions with policymakers
- Educational outreach via this web site, social media, public events and other venues